If you need to get weed out of your system for an upcoming drug test, don’t sweat it – we’ve got you covered. There are many methods to pass that drug test with flying colors without going cold turkey.
In this article, we will discuss a couple of different methods such as:
- Flushing – This method works quickly and offers a temporary solution, especially when you’re subjected to random drug testing. Even if you are a heavy smoker, you don’t need to embark on any 5 to 10-day programs to pass the test.
- Permanent detoxification – It permanently gets weed out of your system.
How to Flush THC Out of Your System
Various sampling types are used to detect tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive ingredient of marijuana, and the most commonly used type is a urine sample. Consistent hydration is necessary to flush THC out of your system as it promotes urination and encourages your bladder to eliminate all the toxins in your body. However, don’t overdo it, as excessive drinking won’t speed up the cleansing process.
Flushing with water
Drinking a lot of water in order to flush your system is a same-day solution that may clear out THC metabolites. Because marijuana and other drug metabolites are excreted through urine, this method helps reduce the number of detectable metabolites by temporarily removing THC metabolites from the bladder.
However, this method requires testing before your actual drug test to ensure that you’ve efficiently lowered the number of detectable THC metabolites from your body. It can involve a bit of a risk in terms of providing you with an effective solution.
Here are the things you need when flushing out toxins with water:
- Water – It helps you urinate more frequently.
- B2 vitamin (100 mg) – It restores your urine’s natural color.
- Creatine ethyl ester supplement (5g) – It restores the urine’s natural creatinine levels.
- Grapefruit juice – It speeds up creatine absorption and slows down enzymes that are responsible for THC metabolism.
- Electrolyte drink – It restores your urine’s specific gravity.
- Activated charcoal (10 g) – It prevents THC reabsorption into the blood from your intestines.
Follow these steps to flush out toxins with water:
- Take at least 10 grams of activated charcoal on an empty stomach four hours before your drug test.
- With a glass of grapefruit juice, take at least 5 grams of creatine ethyl ester 3 hours before your test
- 3 hours before your test, take 100 milligrams of B2 vitamin
- Next, mix electrolyte powder with water and drink at least 27-30 oz of the mixture every hour during three hours prior to taking the test
- To ensure this method has lowered the number of detectable metabolites, test yourself at home before taking the actual test
Important Tips for Success
Here are additional tips to ensure success with this method:
- Creatine ethyl ester is essential because it transforms into creatinine much faster than creatine monohydrate.
- It’s also recommended to take aspirin four hours before the test as it can cause a false-negative result.
Flushing with Certo and Gatorade
Certo fruit pectin is the main ingredient for this detox process. It’s a popular product used by many to pass a urine drug test.
Here’s what you need to flush with Certo and Gatorade:
- Two packets of Certo fruit pectin
- Two bottles of lemon-lime Gatorade (32-oz)
- Vitamin B2 or B12
- Eight liters of water
Follow these steps three hours before the drug test:
- Take small sips of Gatorade to create space for Certo fruit pectin in your bottle. Then, add the Certo, close the bottle and start shaking to form a jelly-like mixture.
- Drink the mixture in one go. Then, you need to drink around 3.6 L of water with as few breaks as possible.
- After drinking that amount of water, you will urinate a few times. You should be able to urinate two to three times before the test to make sure that THC metabolites flush out of your body.
- End the process by taking a vitamin pill an hour before the test. This helps to restore your urine color.
After completing the steps, you must take the drug test within the 5-hour time frame. Otherwise, you have to repeat the whole process to get a negative drug test result.
Fast Marijuana Detox Kit – Best Same Day THC Detox Kit
Another effective way to cleanse your system from THC is through using a fast marijuana detox kit, which offers a same-day quick detox solution. It removes all the toxins, making them undetectable in your urine sample. People who use marijuana more than once a week can benefit from this method.
It starts working in sixty minutes, and the effects can last up to five hours, so plan accordingly.
How It Works:
This product works in a few ways to get the THC out of your system and block your body from shedding more THC metabolites.
First, it makes you need to urinate more frequently, which flushes the THC out of your bladder, making it harder to pick up in a urine test. It also blocks the breakdown of the marijuana in your fat, so that even more THC metabolites aren’t pumped into your blood. It then prevents your intestines from absorbing any more THC, so it doesn’t hit your blood again.
It also slows down how quickly your liver metabolizes the THC, so you won’t urinate more THC, and thus get it picked up on a test.
Lastly, it keeps your urine parameters in a normal range, so it doesn’t seem like you diluted your urine.
Here are the benefits of using this detox kit:
- It offers quick results in only sixty minutes and lasts up to five hours.
- It uses the combined effect of pills and detox drinks to make THC undetectable by labs.
- It has a THC self-test kit so you can test yourself before the actual one.
- It has detailed step-by-step instructions.
- It promotes natural detoxification with its healthy detox guide.
QCarbo Plus – Best Same Day THC Detox Drink
Another effective same-day detox drink is the Qcarbo Plus, a fast-acting formula that flushes THC metabolites from your bladder. It lasts for up to five hours, giving you enough time to pass the test. It works by blocking the release of THC metabolites into the blood from your body fat and prevents reabsorption of THC metabolites into the blood from your intestines. This flushes out THC from your bladder, making you frequently urinate to cleanse your urine.
How It Works:
If you need to get rid of THC fast, this is one of your best choices. It stops your body fat and intestines from releasing more THC into your blood. It then works to slow the progress of the drug-metabolizing in your liver, which means no more THC is released into your urine.
It also makes you urinate more frequently, which flushes the drug from your system. All this while keeping your urine a natural color, restoring its gravity and creatinine levels to ensure it doesn’t look like you’ve watered down your waste.
How to Permanently Remove Marijuana From Your System
If you are a heavy user, removing THC metabolites from your system may take a few weeks. These metabolites are fat-soluble, and they remain for more extended periods in your body’s fatty tissues, which eventually are released back into your bloodstream. For people with lower body fat content, it is relatively faster to flush out these toxins. However, high body fat coupled with frequent marijuana consumption can prolong the retention of THC metabolites in the body.
Why 2, 3, 5 Days Detox Is a Myth
Because THC is stored in fat, it’s a myth that you can detox fully in just two days. After all, the breakdown of fat cells cannot be managed in only two days but takes a significant amount of time.
Think about how our body uses glycogen, an energy source. It’s stored in our liver and muscles, but then it refills whenever we eat a carbohydrate, like sugar, grain, fiber, and starches.
When you stop eating carbs, even for a few days at a time, you’ll still have enough glycogen to last. Your body won’t break down fat until it notices glycogen is present in your liver, which will take two days, at a bare minimum—and that’s if you don’t eat a single carb during those two days, which is hard to do.
THC metabolizing enzymes also cannot be made to work faster. It takes several days to metabolize the drug, which is why any product that claims it can permanently detox you from THC in two to five days is an absolute scam.
7 Day THC Detox Instructions
You can use this 7-day THC detox to remove marijuana from your system permanently. For the first five days, follow these steps:
- Try to lose body fat through exercise, diet, and intermittent fasting.
- Take any of the following supplements with each meal to speed up the activity of your body’s enzymes:
- St John’s Wort extract (300 mg) – three times a day, or
- Panax Ginseng (500 mg) – twice a day, or
- Ginkgo Biloba (240 mg) – once a day
- Take activated charcoal (5g) thirty minutes before each meal to avoid THC reabsorption into the bloodstream.
For detoxing purposes, follow these steps for seven days. But, if you need to pass a test, add these steps for your last two days before your test:
- Stop working out to avoid the release of metabolites to your urine.
- Include carbohydrates in your diet, such as bread, pasta, pieces of pizza, or cola drinks each day.
- Drink grapefruit juice to slow down the metabolism of THC metabolites.
- Take activated charcoal (10g) thirty minutes before each meal, three times a day.
Premium 7-Day Detox Kit – Best Permanent Detox Kit
Another effective permanent detox method that’s recommended for heavy users is the Premium 7-day detox kit which removes THC and other toxins from your system in seven days.
How It Works
The efficacy of this detox kit is due to the following ingredients:
- Dried burdock root – It is a traditional Chinese medicine that is a diuretic and has detoxifying properties.
- Milk Thistle – It restores and cleanses the liver after being exposed to different toxins.
- Green Tea Extract – It boosts the body’s metabolism, which is a vital part of aggressive cleansing.
- Dandelion – It is a potent herb supportive of healthy liver function.
- Creatine Monohydrate – It brings balance back to the body during an aggressive cleansing.
- Uva Ursi – It promotes a healthy kidney.
- Apple Pectin – It is an excellent source of fiber, and it balances the body during cleansing.
You can see several benefits, whether you have a drug test coming up or want to take a tolerance break, or even if you just want to stop using marijuana.
- Safe to use and improves your overall health
- Removes any THC metabolites from your body, permanently
- Overnight, discreet delivery is available
- Can’t be detected by labs
- Includes a health guide alongside step-by-step instructions to help you detox faster
Stinger 7-Day Detox – The Only Permanent THC Detox Drink
If you don’t want to take pills for permanent THC detox, then the Stinger 7 Day Total Detox drink may be the best option for you. It is the only drink available specifically for those who want to thoroughly cleanse their bodies from THC, alcohol, nicotine, methamphetamines, cocaine, and other toxins. This drink naturally cleanses your body by working on your metabolism in just a week.
Here’s how to use this detox drink:
- Abstain from using THC or other toxins for at least forty-eight hours before taking this product.
- Drink one tablespoon of Stinger 7 Day Total Detox drink in the morning and the evening before meals. If you want, you can mix it with water or juice.
- Use a standard tablespoon to ensure the appropriate amount of consumption. You may have a few leftovers on the last dosage, so you need to finish the rest of the liquid on your last dosage.
Remedies to Improve THC Detox
Additional remedies are also available to improve your THC detox, such as the following liver enzyme inducers:
St. John’s Wort
St. John Wort is a famous herb that is proven to be an effective liver enzyme inducer. Enzymes excreted by the liver metabolize THC, and research shows that St. John’s Wort doubles the activity of these enzymes, which are essential in breaking down THC. With this ingredient, it’s easier for the body to eliminate these toxins.
A study shows that consuming Pansang Ginseng twice a day for twenty-eight days increases the activity of enzymes in the liver that metabolize THC. This results in getting the weed out of your body faster.
Ginkgo biloba is a popular natural supplement known to increase oxygen flow to the brain. Research shows that using Ginkgo Biloba induces the enzymes that metabolize THC. Thus, using Ginkgo biloba during the cleansing process eliminates THC metabolites more quickly.
Research suggests that vinegar, specifically apple cider vinegar, helps burn more body fat and increase the metabolism of THC. Additionally, adding vinegar to your urine sample lowers its pH level, resulting in a potential false-negative drug test result.
Intermittent fasting is an effective way to burn body fat. While fasting doesn’t eradicate THC metabolites from the system, it trains the body’s metabolism to be quicker. The more body fat is burned, the more THC metabolites are released and removed from the body.
Take a look at some of the frequently asked questions about THC detox:
How long does THC detox take?
The natural process of detoxification from THC takes months because THC metabolites are absorbed and stored in the body’s tissues and organs and are released back into the bloodstream.
How much exercise to detox THC?
Working out at least sixty minutes a day helps in getting rid of THC from your body.
How do you detox THC with green tea?
Unfortunately, while it’s tempting to try a wholly natural route, using green tea to detox is more of a catch-22 than a cure.
Yes, green tea can boost the metabolism and help you burn fat, but it simultaneously slows the activity of CYP2C9 enzymes, which are responsible for metabolizing THC in your liver. Thus, you’ll keep THC in your bloodstream, which is the exact opposite of what you want.
What is the most effective way to detox for a drug test?
The best THC detox method is using a combination of products, such as detox kits, drinks, and pills, and abstinence during the cleansing process.